There are a number of books and articles that have been published on existing and new royal lines. Here is an updated list of these sources.
- Richardson, Douglas. Plantagenet Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families. Baltimore, MD: Genealogical Publishing Co., 2004
- Weis, Frederick Lewis. Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists. Baltimore, MD: Genealogical Publishing Co., 7th ed., 1995
- Marston Watson is authoring a Royal Families series, similar in scope to the well-known Mayflower Families publications. Each volume of Royal Families will cover the first five generations of the immigrant ancestor and his or her American descendants, whose royal line has been established in the current edition (1999) of Plantagenet Ancestry by David Faris. His books will be thoroughly documented with available primary evidence, which in most cases will be the vital birth, marriage and death records of each descendant. The documented evidence provided by the co-authors in the Royal Families books allows prospective members of the National Societies of Royal and Noble Ancestry to reference the published proofs in their membership application. In many cases, the fifth generation of the immigrant royal ancestor will be or have a direct connection to a Revolutionary War patriot.
The current volumes in progress are:
- Royal Families: Governor Thomas Dudley, Second Edition, 2004, Genealogical Publishing Company.
Are you a descendant of Thomas Dudley (1576-1653), Governor or Assistant Governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony from 1630-1653?
Possibly a million or more Americans are directly related to this colonial governor, but have not yet made that connection. The list of over 3,800 names covers only the first five generations of Governor Thomas Dudley's descendants. There are generations of more Americans who can claim his royal and noble ancestry. See if you are one of them.
- Royal Families: Rev. Francis Marbury (vo)l. 2). Reverend Francis Marbury and Five Generations of the Descendants Through Anne (Marbury) Hutchinson and Katherine (Marbury) Scott
- Royal Families: Hon. Samuel Appleton, Esq. (vol. 3) Samuel Appleton and His Wife Judith Everard and Five Generations of Their Descendants
- Royal Families: Thomas West (Lord de la Warr) (vol. 4) Thomas West, Lord de la Warr and his descendants in America (in progress)
Vols 1-3 are available at Genealogical Publishing Co.